Qualification: Level 3 Diploma | Exam board: OCR
This course has been designed in collaboration with experts spanning the breadth of the sector, the Cambridge Technical in Health and Social Care focuses on the skills, knowledge and understanding that today’s universities and employers demand.
This course will enable you to apply practical skills and knowledge in preparation for further study, Higher Education or the workplace.
This course is equivalent to two A-Levels and so counts as two of your potential options. You would need to study this course alongside one A-Level course.
Over the two years, 12 individual units must be completed. They are divided into year one and two and can be either coursework or exam based.
Year One Content
- Building positive relationships
- Equality, Diversity & Rights (Exam)
- Health & Safety (exam)
- Anatomy & Physiology (exam)
- Supporting people with mental health conditions
- Public health
Year Two Content
- Infection control
- Personalisation (exam)
- Safeguarding (exam)
- Creativity & activity for children
- Supporting people with learning difficulties
- Promoting positive behaviours
In conjunction with an A-Level, this course will allow you to progress onto a wide range of degrees at university or apprenticeships in careers such as midwifery, nursing, social work and youth work.
Due to the nature of these qualifications we have professionals from the care and childcare sector who are visiting speakers and talk about their experiences in their chosen careers. The visiting speakers will also input knowledge to help meet certain criteria within the units that we will explore.
This is something that students always enjoy and often take the opportunity to question if that career path will be the one for them.
Year One Assessment
Units marked as ‘(exam)’ will be assessed with a formal exam of up to 2 hours in either the spring or summer term. The remainder of assessment in year one (3 units) is internal and will be work set by teachers and moderated by OCR.
Year Two Assessment
Units marked as ‘(exam)’ will be assessed with a formal exam of up to 2 hours in either the spring or summer term. The remainder of assessment in year two (4 units) is internal and will be work set by teachers and moderated by OCR.
Standard entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English Language and Maths (one Vocational or Technical qualification at Merit or above may be counted)
- At least grade 4 (or Merit for Vocational or Technical qualifications) in any subject(s) that you have taken at GCSE and wish to continue studying at Level 3
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table)
- Grade 4 (or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Students will take either 3 A-Level subjects or 1 Diploma subject with 1 A-Level
If you need help you can call us on 01234 291291 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Achieve great things at The Bedford Sixth Form.