You can pick and choose from our wide range of A-Levels, certificates and diplomas to ensure you achieve the best qualifications to progress on to university or work.
We recommend you choose up to four subjects.
A-Levels are academic, examination-based qualifications recognised as a traditional qualification to gain entry to universities and higher education. A-Levels focus mainly on academic subjects and qualify for UCAS points.
Certificates and Diplomas
Certificates and diplomas are equivalent to A-Levels but are assessed through coursework and some examinations. Certificates and diplomas enable you to qualify for UCAS points or go on to a higher apprenticeship or employment.
All students must meet the minimum entry requirements which are:
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above (one Vocational or Technical qualification at Merit or above may be counted), one of which must be GCSE English Language or English Literature AND
- A minimum of a grade 3 in GCSE Maths (if you have a grade 4 or above in Maths this can count as one of your five GCSEs above) AND
- At least grade 4 (or Merit for Vocational or Technical qualifications) in any subject(s) that you have taken at GCSE and wish to continue studying at A-Level.
- In addition, some subjects have special entry requirements which you need to meet in addition to the above. For the most up-to-date information on subject specific requirements please see below.
If you wish to start with four A-Levels, rather than three, then the following entry requirements apply:
• At least 8 GCSEs at grades 9-6, including English Language and Maths, and at least four GCSEs at grades 9-7. Students who meet these higher requirements may be eligible for our Academic Excellence Bursary
Subject specific entry requirements
In addition, there are special entry requirements for certain subjects.