There’s no magic spell for conjuring up 570 students from a standing start – but one historic building on Bromham Road has performed its own form of miracle.
The Bedford Sixth Form opened in September 2012 in the former Harpur Trust building, and five years on is one the largest A Level centres in the area. It offers the widest range of A Level subjects, plus BTEC and CamTech qualifications, to 570+ students.
It’s A Level results this summer were up against static results nationally too with A* – B Grades rising 6% and the overall pass rate up 2.7%
The Travel and Academic bursaries are helping the brightest young people from all families beat a path to The Bedford Sixth Form in Bromham Road.
The former Harpur Trust Bedford Girls High School opened in May 1882.
“This is a sixth form for everyone who wants to take the next step in life from school to university and great career paths,”
“The experiment of opening a standalone sixth form taking pupils only aged 16+ has proven that parents DO want a choice for their children. They may be happy to stay on and study A Levels at a school, but they can move on by coming here – and be helped by our bursaries.
“Our building may look like Hogwarts with its wooden panelled Grand Hall – but it is one with the most modern IT equipment and fantastic facilities like our swimming pool and Trinity Theatre.”
said Head Paul Clarkson.
Spell-binding Five Years
- 100% pass rate in 22 out of 27 A Level subjects
- 30+ subjects now including Classical Civilisation, Statistics and German
- 80% of students won places at their 1st choice uni
- (including Russell Group universities such as Warwick, Newcastle, Leeds and Glasgow)
- 570 students = one of the largest A Level provider in the area
- 97.6% of our students would recommend us